SWIMM - Fall 2016 Marketing Drivers
What You Should Know
- Los Angeles-by-way-of-Florida psych-pop duo.
- Upcoming tour dates with Rooney, James Supercave.
- A-side "Man's Man" is a funky tongue-in-cheek commentary on L.A. living like New Age life kits paired with men's misogynistic expectations of women and themselves.
- The new songs follow last year’s Beverly Hells EP, which led by single “Belly” found support from Noisey, Consequence of Sound, Nylon, Earmilk, The 405, Flood, Culture Collide, LA Weekly, Apple Music, iTunes, Beats 1, Spotify and more.
- For fans of Private Island, James Supercave, LCD Soundsystem.
- Featured as FMQB BuzzBand on Submodern.
Los Angeles psych duo Swimm return with two sultry new psych-rock anthems called “Man’s Man" and "Groupie." On them, Chris Hess and Adam Winn show a bold new departure from the Beverly Hells EP with quirky, staccato grooves, spacey synths, pointed guitar leads and one of the biggest hooks you’re going to hear this year. Hess explores new territory with his vocal delivery in a way that would make David Byrne proud and one can only imagine the sort of party Swimm will create when the band debuts these live this fall.
“Man’s Man / Groupie", produced by Alex Fitts of The Kickdrums, will be out later this month via Hit City U.S.A.
"'Groupie' is a sort of pinnacle display of what this band does so well, a smooth yet wild time that leaves you feeling so breathless you might as well have just gotten laid." — Live Fast Magazine
"While the crumbing is done in a tongue-in-cheek manner, the LA-based psych-pop pair wants to set the record straight about what men think they deserve." - One To Watch
"L.A. duo of Chris Hess and Adam Wynn sound a lot funkier than they did on last year's psych-rock tour de force, the "Beverly Hells" EP." - BuzzBands.LA
"The Los Angeles band (by way of Florida) struck us right away with the funk in their new tune 'Man's Man'..." - On Smash
"It's impossible to resist the synth-driven charm here, so don't even try." - The Revue
16,000 monthly listeners on Spotify
- "Belly" charted #6 single on FMQB speciality charts (top 20 for 4 weeks)
- 'Beverly Hells' EP was the top 3 albums on FMQB speciality charts (Top 20 for 4 weeks)
12/6 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theatre*
12/7 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Urban Lounge*
12/9 - Portland, OR @ Doug Fir Lounge*
12/10 - Vancouver, BC @ Biltmore Cabaret*
12/11 - Seattle, WA @ Neumos*
12/13 - San Francisco, CA @ Swedish American Hall*
12/17 - Los Angeles, CA @ Troubadour#
* supporting Rooney
# co-headline with James Supercave