Low Hum Fall 2016 One Sheet
What You Should Know
Developing act with a growing buzz and strong local support in Los Angeles. First tracks "Sunburns" and "Strange Love" saw solid blog love from Hilly Dilly, The Revue, Yvnyl and Site of Sound, as well as Spotify's "Fresh Finds: Six Strings" playlist, building the project's profile.
A cinematic romanticism rolls throughout Low Hum's music, befitting the sort of larger than life moments that carry our dreams. The solo project of Collin Desha, Low Hum's early musical offerings carry a sense of risk taking in the face of emotional uncertainty, evolving with an unbridled optimism and assured confidence.
Written, produced and mixed at Desha's home studio in Silver Lake, Collin found inspiration in his relationship with the ocean, conceptually entwining his approach to surfing and making music. The results are incredibly emotive tracks that nod to Elliot Smith, Tame Impala and classic soul, distorted in their tones but pure in their messaging as they exude peaceful confidence in ebbs and flows. Just as the sea may embody nature's most extreme violence and calm, Low Hum's fuzzed out ballads are at once aggressive psych jammers balanced with a range of vulnerability that comes crashing ashore.
- "Low Hum is moving forth with great potential..." - Hilly Dilly
- "Low Hum adopts vintage-sounding synths to an otherwise low-slung groove that turns more and more anthemic as it rolls along." - The Deli Mag
- "Its opening fuzzed-out bass is commanding, like an army general it dictates and orchestrates the movement of the music." - Remy's Music and Film on "Strange Love"
- "Distorted in their tones but pure in their messaging, Low Hum embodies peaceful determination as their songs ebb and flow." - buffaBLOG
- "An absolutely dream" - Site of Sound
- "If you're one for subdued vocal hazes and scintillating synth pop atmospheres then you're in luck as the Los Angeles based artist tricks out with his dreamy soundscapes." - Scientists of Sound
- 2,700 monthly listeners on Spotify
- Spotify support: "Fresh Finds: Six Strings" and more playlists.